Wei-Te Chen 陳維德
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/weitechen
I am a Ph.D candidate at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Now I join the laboratory at The Center for Computational Language and EducAtion Research (CLEAR) with Professor James Martin and Martha Palmer. My research interests involve semantic parsing, semantic role labeling, and annotation tool design.
I was born in Taipei, Taiwan. I received my B.S. and M.S. Degree in Computer Science and Information Systems & Application in National Tsing Hua University in 2005 and 2007. In NTHU ISA, I joined Natural Language Processing Labortary and worked with Professor Jason S. Chang.
- Ph.D in Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
- 2010.Aug ~ Current
- Supervisor: James H. Martin, Professor and Martha Palmer, Professor
- Laboratory: The Center for Computational Language and EducAtion Research (CLEAR)
- M.S. in Information Systems and Applications, National Tsing Hua University, HsinChu, Taiwan
- B.S. in Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, HsinChu, Taiwan
- 2001.July ~ 2005.June
- GPA Overall: 3.4/ Major: 3.5
- PDF Bib . 2015. ``Learning to Map Dependency Parses to Abstract Meaning Representations'', In Proceedings of the ACL 2015 Student Research Workshop, Beijing, China.
- PDF Bib , Claire Bonial, Martha Palmer. 2015. ``English Light Verb Construction Identification Using Lexical Knowledge'', In Proceedings of the AAAI-15, Austin, TX, USA.
- PDF Bib , Will Styler. 2013. ``Anafora: A Web-based General Purpose Annotation Tool'', In Proceedings of the NAACL-HLT, Companion Volume: Demonstrations, Atlanta, GA, USA, pp. 433-438.
- PDF Bib , Su-Chu Lin, Shu-Ling Huang, You-Shan Chung, and Keh-Jiann Chen. 2010. ``E-HowNet and Automatic Construction of a Lexical Ontology'', in Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), pp. 45-48.
- Wen-Nan Wang, James Lee, PDF , Tzu-Chen Tsai, Eden Hsu. ``System and Method for Simulating Expression of Message'', U.S. Patent 8,285,552
- Chung-Chi Huang, PDF , and Jason S. Chang. 2009. ``Source Sentence Reordering for Phrase-based Machine Translation Systems'', in Proceedings of International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control (ICICIC), pp. 95-98.
- Chung-Chi Huang, PDF , and Jason S. Chang. 2009. ``Lexicalized Syntactic Reordering Framework for Word Alignment and Machine Translation'', in Proceedings of International Conference on the Computer Processing of Oriental Languages (ICCPOL), pp. 103-111.
- Chung-Chi Huang, , and Jason S. Chang. 2008. ``Bilingual Segmenter for Statistical Machine Translation'', in Proceedings of International Symposium on Universal Communication (ISUC), pp. 97-104.
- Chung-Chi Huang, PDF , and Jason S. Chang. 2008. ``Bilingual Segmentation for Alignment and Translation'', in Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing), pp. 445-453.
- Chung-Chi Huang, PDF , and Jason S. Chang. 2007. ``Improving Word Alignment Based on Extended Inversion Transduction Grammar'', in Proceedings of Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP)
- Research Community Development Awards Fall 2011, Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder. (2011)
- Travel Grant to attend ACL 2012 in Jeju, Korea
- Amount: $1,750
- Dean's Outstanding Merit Fellowship, College of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Colorado at Boulder. (2010~2011)
- Member of The Phi-Tau-Phi Scholastic Honor Society (Top 2% Students), Jun. 2006
- Research Assistant of CLEAR Lab, Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, (Jun. 2011 ~ Current)
- Participate in the Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Project for Normalization (SHARPn), focus on the NLP applications, including temporal and coreference analysis, that influence and extend uses of clinical data.
- Participate in the Statistical Translation And GEneration using Semantics (STAGE) project, a collaboration of 5 Universities for Chinese-English statistical machine translation with semantics. We provide semantic role corpus as training and fusion data. An English light verb construction identification is also developed.
- Teaching Assistant of the course Operating Systems, Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA, (Jan. 2011 ~ May. 2011)
- Design and grade the programming assignment, including modifying Linux kernel, multi-threading programming, Minix kernel memory allocation, and Fuse file system.
- Hold the Recitation 45 minutes a week and TA office hour twice a week.
- Research Assistant of Chinese Knowledge Information Processing Group, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (Jun. 2009 ~ Aug. 2010)
- Develop the Chinese lexical knowledge ontology and concept system.
- Research the transformation from Chinese syntactic parse tree structures to Chinese concept structures.
- Engineer of Innovative DigiTech-Enabled Applications & Services Institute, Institute for Information Industry, Taiwan (Feb. 2009 ~ Jun. 2009)
- Join the E-Dolls Project. Design the system hierarchy and implement both server and clinet side software.
- Attain the Human Emotion-Judgement Project, which is related to the research of relation between human text and emotion
- Information System Instructor of Computer Office in National Security Bureau, National Army (Nov. 2007 ~ Jun. 2008)
- Building, maintaining, and operating an internal E-learning system.
- Constructing an internal machine translation system.
- Teaching Assisiant of the course Natural Language Processing Lab., ISA, NTHU (Sep. 2006 ~ Jan. 2007)
- A graduate course delivered in English. Students are required to complete the assignment on class.
- Responsible to revice students' codes, design the practice data, and maintain course website.
- Anafora -- https://verbs.colorado.edu/anaforademo; GitHub
- A web-based text annotation tool which facilities the creation of annotating corpora, including entity and relation, for variety NLP tasks.
- Design the schema and data files in XML format, which makes the maintenance simple and organization representated.
- Designed to be a lightweight, flexible annotation solution.
- TermMine -- http://termmine.cs.nthu.edu.tw/TermMineSpace/
- Mining Proper Noun on the World Wide Web.
- Providing the accurate translation from back-end database.
- Users rich the information, such as better translations and tags.
- Cooperate with Galaxy Software Services Corporation
- Vice Leader of Softball Team, CS, NTHU (Jun. 2003 ~ Jun. 2004)
- Engineer Chief, Tsing Hua Broadcast Station, NTHU (Mar. 2003 ~ Mar. 2004)
- Chairman of Computer Science Summer Camp in 2003, CS, NTHU
- Member of Computer Science Student Association, CS, NTHU (Mar. 2002 ~ Mar. 2003)
- Python, C/C++, Java
- MATLAB, MySQL, MS SQL, Unix Shell Script
- Web Development
- Web Framework
- Django, codeIgniter, CakePHP
- Linux, MS Windows